You might also be interested in:
Halloween Movie-Themed Pumpkin Contest – Carve a movie-themed pumpkin for a chance to win movies for a year.
- DETAILS: All day Friday, Wehrenberg Theatre, 5340 Council St. NE, Cedar Rapids
Coe’s Playground of Science - Levitate objects, launch pumpkins, shatter grapes, make ice cream with liquid nitrogen and more.
- DETAILS; 6 to 9 p.m. today, Coe College, Peterson Hall, 1220 First Ave. NE, Cedar Rapids
Creepy Campus Crawl: Super Natural History Bros. – Kids will be able to meet their favorite video game characters while making crafts, playing games, and of course collecting fun goodies.
- DETAILS: 6:30 p.m. Friday, University of Iowa Museum of Natural History, 10 Macbride Hall, Iowa City
Wicked Wickiup Fall Fest - Outdoor activities designed for ages 3 to 10.
- DETAILS: 4 p.m. today, Wickiup Hill Outdoor Learning Center, 10260 Morris Hills Rd., Toddville, $3 or $5 per family
Gels, Slimes, Goops and Gaks - Polymers sometimes they act like liquids and sometimes they act like solids. Make fun polymers that will stretch, slip, slide and bounce.
- DETAILS: 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Science Center, Lindale Mall, Cedar Rapids, $7 to $9.
Monster Mash - Costumes are encouraged and trick and treating is all about play.
- DETAILS: Iowa Children’s Museum, Coral Ridge Mall, Coralville, $6 to $7
World Series Party - Watch game two of the world series at Kernel’s Veterans Memorial Stadium and meet West Delaware High School graduate and Minnesota Twin minor league pitcher, B.J. Hermsen.
- DETAILS: 6 p.m. today, Veterans Memorial Stadium, 950 Rockford Rd. SW, Cedar Rapids.
Coe International Club Show - Members of the Coe College International Club will present singing, dancing and acting from their various home countries. It will conclude with a fashion show of clothing from around the world.
- DETAILS: 7 p.m. Saturday, Coe College, 1220 First Ave. NE, Cedar Rapids
Landlocked Film Festival - Get ready for the 6th annual festival! This year, find us in late October 2012 as part of the Englert Theatre’s 100th anniversary celebration. The full film slate for 2012 is right here.
- DETAILS: 7 p.m. Friday through Sunday, various downtown Iowa City locations, some films cost up to $7
John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ - This nationwide release is the widest the film has seen since originally shocking audiences in 1978. With an exclusive documentary short written and directed by Eastern Iowa native Justin Beahm, “You Can’t Kill The Bogeyman: 35 Years of Halloween.”
- DETAILS: 11:45 p.m. Friday, Wehrenberg Theatre, 5340 Council St. NE, Cedar Rapids, $7 to $10